Rapid Sharps protection
Rapid sharps protection for fire brigades and rescue services
- For use in any rescue situation
- Effective cover for sharp edges and points
- Reduces injury risk
- Protects casualties and rescuers
- Covers metal and glass
- Quick and easy to apply
- Up to 50 applications per 30m (100ft) roll
- High-visibility yellow
Packexe Sharpswrap is an extra-strong self-adhesive film for rapid application to hazardous projections, points and edges in rescue situations. It is supplied in a compact roll 100mm wide and 30m long (4” x 100’) fitted to a re-usable lightweight applicator.
It can be neatly stored in rescue equipment bags, haversacks or belt-pouches for instant availability when needed and does away with the need for heavy mats or blankets.
Packexe® Sharpswrap® applications
How to use Packexe® Sharpswrap®
WARNING: Always wear protective gloves
- Insert yellow applicator into roll-tube with projecting cardboard section towards handle.
- Remove brown wax paper cover.
- Holding handle in right hand, unwind 30cm (1’) of film with left hand.
- Attach end of film, sticky side, to sharp hazard area.
- Place right-hand thumb on projecting cardboard section to control unwinding rate.
- Apply film to or wrap it round hazard area.
- Maintain 30cm (1’) distance of roll from application site.
- Apply 2 or 3 layers, as necessary.
- To tear off film from roll, press fingers of left hand on to unwound film, twist and pull roll sharply with right hand.